HIP Problem:The captcha doesn't recognize my answers.
Melissa
2010-04-22 23:10:01 UTC
When I tried to send an email via Windows Live Hotmail the other day, I was
asked to verify my account by completing the Human Interface Proof. I made
several attempts to complete the alphanumerical one, and it kept saying "The
characters you typed are not valid. Please try again". I can enter the
correct answer on both the alphanumeric and the audio, and it still won't
accept my answer. I can not send any emails at all. How can I go about
fixing this?
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-04-23 05:46:52 UTC
Windows version? IE version?

What to do if you can't sign into Windows Live Hotmail
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=293962dd-b4a0-4ee7-a661-8254ae9c8d78

HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail (Revised 08 March 2010)
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3c7c3338-369e-4220-b29d-71ce660fe5a0

Windows Live Online Solutions Center
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Hotmail Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1

Hotmail Community Forums <=post all Hotmail-specific questions here!
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
fixing this?
Melissa
.
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-04-23 21:38:44 UTC
/Which/ Windows version? /Which/ IE version?
Post by Melissa
Sorry! Windows version.
.
Melissa
2010-04-24 00:10:01 UTC
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused.. Are you looking for my using Windows xp?
You'll have to excuse me, I know little to nothing about computers.
Post by PA Bear [MS MVP]
/Which/ Windows version? /Which/ IE version?
Post by Melissa
Sorry! Windows version.
.
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-04-24 00:38:41 UTC
Answer the following questions in your next reply:

1. I am running (pick one)...

- Windows XP Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Service Pack 3

2. My Internet Explorer version is (pick one)...

- IE6
- IE7
- IE8

3. I have read and followed the instructions & recommendations in
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=293962dd-b4a0-4ee7-a661-8254ae9c8d78.
[yes/no]

4. I still cannot access by Hotmail account so I have posted in the
appropriate Hotmail Community Forum
(http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1) for assistance with my
problem. [yes/no]
Post by PA Bear [MS MVP]
/Which/ Windows version? /Which/ IE version?
Post by Melissa
Sorry! Windows version.