MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
DUHAAS
2008-10-21 22:43:06 UTC
I changed my password, logged out, tried to sign back in, forgot my
password and now it appears to be locked. NOt sure how long I have to
wait to try again as I think I recall what I changed it to. I didnt
setup an alternative email address so I cant reset the password.
...winston
2008-10-22 01:55:55 UTC
If you're msn account is through a partner(eg. Qwest, Verizon, etc), contact them.

Other contact options:

Hotmail Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformts
- a free Hotmail account is entitled to email support

Hotmail Plus Support
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmailplus
- A Hotmail Plus(subscription/fee-based) account is entitled to Chat, Email and Phone Support

Windows Live ID Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts
-Note: Some have had issues with the above link redirecting to the Help rather than the
e-form for support, if so....use the following link and procedure to access the e-form:
https://account.live.com/helpcentral.aspx?mkt=en-us&lc=1033
1. Scroll to and click on 'How can I reset my password' or click any item in the Faq list
2. Look in the lower right and click on the option 'Get More Help'
3. Wait till the page loads, then click on 'Get Support'
- the eform should now load
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
unknown
2010-02-26 14:59:29 UTC
i forget my e-mail address i join yesterday i try entering today 3 times and i was lock out. how long will it take before i gain access to the account the ***@hotmail.com . please help i have an important e-mail coming in i really like to get back access to this account thank you in advance.

...winston wrote:

If you're msn account is through a partner(eg.
21-Oct-08

If you're msn account is through a partner(eg. Qwest, Verizon, etc), contact them

Other contact options

Hotmail Suppor
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformt
- a free Hotmail account is entitled to email suppor

Hotmail Plus Suppor
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmailplu
- A Hotmail Plus(subscription/fee-based) account is entitled to Chat, Email and Phone Suppor

Windows Live ID Suppor
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformt
-Note: Some have had issues with the above link redirecting to the Help rather than th
e-form for support, if so....use the following link and procedure to access the e-form
https://account.live.com/helpcentral.aspx?mkt=en-us&lc=103
1. Scroll to and click on 'How can I reset my password' or click any item in the Faq lis
2. Look in the lower right and click on the option 'Get More Help
3. Wait till the page loads, then click on 'Get Support
- the eform should now loa

--
...winsto
ms-mvp mai

"DUHAAS" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:91c6fb36-cacb-442c-8366-***@e17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

On Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:55 PM
...winston wrote:

[...]

On Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:40 PM
VanguardLH wrote:

Re: MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
DUHAAS wrote

Can't help you remotely through Usenet. You'll have to see a doctor fo
possible treatment of severe short-term memory problems
(Hey, you must admit you left yourself wide open on that one.

Did you check that CapsLock was off when you retried to enter your logi
credentials? Or maybe turn it on in case you had it on before

You didn't specify an alternate e-mail address. Okay. So why not ente
your location and secret answer as the alternative to resetting you
password using their Forgot Password procedure?

Oh, you probably already forgot those, too. >;-

I doubt that if you don't have or cannot remember the informatio
required for their Forgot Password procedure that asking them for hel
with the same missing information is going to get you any further. Yo
have no means to prove you are the owner of that account. You could b
someone trying to hack into someone else's account

Since it is probably a free account that you are talking about, and i
winston's advice doesn't pan out to get Microsoft to relinquish tha
account to you with no real proof it is yours, well, you've lost it an
will have to open a new freebie account.

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

DUHAAS wrote:

Re: MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
On Oct 21, 10:40=A0pm, VanguardLH <***@nguard.LH> wrote:
ter

The problem is I did create a question and an answer to that question,
but I never get the forgot my password link to bring up the question.
It just takes me directly to the screen that says your password reset
email has been sent to: blah, ARRGHHHHHHH

DUHAAS wrote:

Re: MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
On Oct 22, 1:00=A0pm, "...winston" <***@gmail.com> wrote:
***@k7g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...

There is one problem with this link, as soon as I type in my email
address I get this:

Instructions will be sent to:
***@msn.com

I cant get it to ask me the questions

On Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:26 AM
...winston wrote:

Re: MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
Windows Live ID Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts
-Note: Some have had issues with the above link redirecting to the Help rather than the
e-form for support, if so....use the following link and procedure to access the e-form:
https://account.live.com/helpcentral.aspx?mkt=en-us&lc=1033
1. Scroll to and click on 'How can I reset my password' or click any item in the Faq list
2. Look in the lower right and click on the option 'Get More Help'
3. Wait till the page loads, then click on 'Get Support'
- the eform should now load
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"DUHAAS" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1ad699d8-2891-4a58-ae45-***@p49g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...

On Friday, October 24, 2008 4:46 AM
...winston wrote:

No, I do not nor do I know how they would validate you are the actual holder
No, I do not nor do I know how they would validate you are the actual holder of the account or if the account will ever be
accessible in the future.

If it does get resolved to your benefit, please let us know.
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"DUHAAS" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5ff69358-4c28-46ae-b47a-

On Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:48 PM
DUHAAS wrote:

Re: MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
On Oct 23, 4:26=A0am, "...winston" <***@gmail.com> wrote:
lid&ct=3Deformts
ather than the
ss the e-form:https://account.live.com/helpcentral.aspx?mkt=3Den-us&lc=3D10=
33
in the Faq list
***@p49g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...
18-***@k7g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...
n,
..

any idea on how long response should take? this is crazy, i
understand its my fault for not setting up an alternate email address
or remembering what i change my password to, but not being able to get
into my account is really creating some issues for me.

On Friday, October 31, 2008 5:19 AM
DUHAAS wrote:

Re: MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
der of the account or if the account will ever be
-

ALL IS GOOD, I FINALLY GOT A RESPONSE THAT WAS HELPFUL, THANKS EVERYONE

On Monday, November 03, 2008 7:29 AM
Michele Aga wrote:

Re: MSN ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT HELPPPPPP!!!!
"DUHAAS" wrote:

On Monday, November 03, 2008 7:32 AM
MicheleAga wrote:

I've got exactly the same problem. Can you tell me how it was resoved please?
I have got exactly the same problem. Can you tell me how it was resoved please?

"DUHAAS" wrote:

On Thursday, April 30, 2009 2:39 AM
amal wrote:

?
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Friday, May 01, 2009 1:31 PM
ayat wrote:

lost my account
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

EggHeadCafe Chat Chaos in Silverlight Released Today
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/325ea67e-d6c4-4811-b096-54f31bdede5d/eggheadcafe-chat-chaos-in.aspx
...winston
2010-02-27 21:03:36 UTC
No on in this forum can help you. This is a public forum of your peers.

Only Microsoft and Hotmail Support address your problem.

This newsgroup or any location harvesting threads from your newsgroup is **not** Microsoft or Hotmail Support.

The following are your only available options for help.

1. Hotmail Support
Hotmail Online Solutions Center
- requires creation of a username/pw that will also be linked to a Live ID
- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public
- Do **Not** use the same password for the Solution Center Account that's used for your Live ID
FAQS
http://windowslivehelp.com/help.aspx
Home Page
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx
Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/
Hotmail Community Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx

2. Windows Live ID Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts
a. Scroll to and click on 'How can I reset my password' or click any item in the Faq list
b. Look in the lower right and click on the option 'Get More Help'
c. Wait till the page loads, then click on 'Get Support'
- the eform should now load

3. Reset Password
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

4 Close A Hotmail account
http://mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=accountclose&wa=wsignin1.0
- login with the username/pw, then click close

5. Cancel a Live ID
Go to account.live.com to cancel the Live ID
cf. http://windowslivehelp.com/community/p/13031/51654.aspx#51654

Note: if pursuing 4 and 5, 4 must be done before 5 or the process will fail.
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
VanguardLH
2008-10-22 03:40:41 UTC
Post by DUHAAS
I changed my password, logged out, tried to sign back in, forgot my
password and now it appears to be locked. NOt sure how long I have to
wait to try again as I think I recall what I changed it to. I didnt
setup an alternative email address so I cant reset the password.
Can't help you remotely through Usenet. You'll have to see a doctor for
possible treatment of severe short-term memory problems.
(Hey, you must admit you left yourself wide open on that one.)

Did you check that CapsLock was off when you retried to enter your login
credentials? Or maybe turn it on in case you had it on before?

You didn't specify an alternate e-mail address. Okay. So why not enter
your location and secret answer as the alternative to resetting your
password using their Forgot Password procedure?

Oh, you probably already forgot those, too. >;->

I doubt that if you don't have or cannot remember the information
required for their Forgot Password procedure that asking them for help
with the same missing information is going to get you any further. You
have no means to prove you are the owner of that account. You could be
someone trying to hack into someone else's account.

Since it is probably a free account that you are talking about, and if
winston's advice doesn't pan out to get Microsoft to relinquish that
account to you with no real proof it is yours, well, you've lost it and
will have to open a new freebie account.
DUHAAS
...winston
DUHAAS
2008-10-23 03:02:51 UTC
Post by DUHAAS
The problem is I did create a question and an answer to that question,
but I never get the forgot my password link to bring up the question.
It just takes me directly to the screen that says your password reset
email has been sent to:   blah, ARRGHHHHHHH- Hide quoted text -

...winston
DUHAAS
...winston

DUHAAS