email issue
warrenderek91
2010-02-14 05:09:01 UTC
Hello,

I received this message from the Hotmail.com webmaster, and it blocked me
from sending emails from my IP address for complaints about something…. I did
not send any spam or threatening messages, so I don’t know what may be
causing my IP address to be blocked from their server. If you could please
tell me how to unblock my IP address from their server, please let me know.

550 SC-004 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A
block has been placed against your IP address because we have received
complaints
concerning mail coming from that IP address. If you are not an
email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service
Provider for help. Email/network admins, we recommend enrolling in our Junk
E-Mail Reporting Program (JMRP), a free program intended to
help senders remove unwanted recipients from their e-mail list:
http://postmaster.live.com

Derek Warren
VanguardLH
2010-02-14 05:42:25 UTC
Post by warrenderek91
[...]
It's complaining about the SMTP mail server that you use. Hotmail has
received too much that is sourced from that mail server. Since they are
blocking that mail server and since you are using that mail server is why
you get blocked. You'll have to contact your own e-mail provider and tell
them that Hotmail is blocking e-mails sent by their mail server. Only they
can work with Hotmail to either eradicate the spam originating from their
mail server or get Microsoft to remove them from Hotmail's blocklist. All
you can do is tell your own e-mail provider about the problem. No one here
can resolve your problem with your e-mail provider getting blocked at some
other domain.
warrenderek91
.
warrenderek91
Derek Warren
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-02-14 06:27:11 UTC
See...

Error when you try to send an e-mail: This account is currently blocked from
sending messages
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/sendlimits/archive/2009/01/28/This-account-is-currently-blocked-from-sending-messages.aspx

Hotmail Online Solutions Center replaced all newsgroup & email format
support on 11 Dec-08
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post all Hotmail-specific questions here!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
http://postmaster.live.com
N. Miller
2010-02-14 11:02:28 UTC
Post by warrenderek91
This is the first time this has ever happened, If someone could explain
possible reasons why someones IP address could be blocked I would appreciate
it.
I have that happen, from time to time. I believe what happens is that my
fellow AT&T customers fall for a "phish", and give up their email account
log in details. Spammers then use those log ins to spam through the AT&T
SMTP message submission servers. It is those server IP addresses, not mine,
which wind up blocked. Then I have to rag on AT&T to clear up the issue with
Hotmail (Windows Live).

Which is just a restatement of what VanguardLH already told you.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
D. Kirkpatrick
2010-02-14 23:29:23 UTC
Post by warrenderek91
This is the first time this has ever happened, If someone could explain
possible reasons why someones IP address could be blocked I would appreciate
it.
Presuming you are sending e-mail through your internet service
provider (ISP) to a Hotmail destination address, yes?

If so, when you send e-mail it isnot isolated. Ther emay be dozens or
hundreds of people using th esame mail system as you are at your ISP.

If any of those other customers were sending junk mail to Hotmail,
ther eis no way for Hotmail to know you are innocent. All they can do
is block mail from your ISP or a specific machine number (Internet
Presence number or IP) at your ISP.

While you may not have been guilty, other susing that mail system may
have been.

You are collateral damage.

Sadly it happens all the time.
Hot-text
2010-02-26 07:17:35 UTC
Make a New IP address by unplugging that ATT Box for 10 sc and Plug it back
in
Then you have a New IP Address
Sending emails from New IP address is if HotMail will blocked!