Available email addresses question
Luis III
2007-02-03 14:32:00 UTC
Is there a way to check available email addresses, for example, I have:
***@HOTMAIL.COM
***@VERIZON.NET
***@myway.com
***@JesusAnswers.com
***@xnmail.com
***@mychristiansite.com
***@praize.com
***@trinityzone.org
***@jesuscafe.zzn.com
***@teachnology.every1.net

Also, how can I get mail from these onto Microsoft Outlook and what are the
requirements?
Michael Santovec
2007-02-03 19:04:27 UTC
If you send an e-mail to an address and it bounces back with an error
message saying no such address at that mail service, then it's probably
available. If someone else recently used the address and closed their
account, then the mail service might have a waiting period of several
months before they'll let anyone else use it.

As for accessing those e-mail addresses via Outlook:

OL2000: How to View Hotmail Messages in Outlook 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=234704
Configuring Hotmail Support in Outlook 2000 (IMO)
http://www.slipstick.com/config/ol2000hotmail.htm
Hotmail with Outlook 2000 and 2002+
http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/olinet.htm#hotmail

For Verizon, just check with them for the correct server and other
settings.

For the others, they need to offer either POP3 or IMAP server access.
Check with them. If they only offer web mail access, then you might not
be able to access them with Outlook.
requirements?
N. Miller
2011-09-26 04:03:33 UTC
Please can you set this as my only e mail address.
Sorry, I can't. They took away my keys when they shut down the news servers.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come