not getting full mail
cbf
2010-04-21 06:39:13 UTC
If I send 'C' an e-mail with an attachment C does not get the attachment. If
I send 'C' e-mail with drawings in message body and colourful writing they
only receive anything written in plain text in message body.

If 'A' sends me such an e-mail and I forward it to 'C' C only receive
anything I have written in plain text.

If I forward A's e-mail back to him and send it to C from his computer no
problem.

Both A and myself are using the same version of Outlook. C has this problem
both with outlook express and windows live mail.

Any ideas,

Thanks

ps C is the only one I can't send message to.
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-04-21 06:51:23 UTC
Try sending to C only using Plain Text format. OE and WLMail simply can't
deal with OL's RichText/HTML format, especially if there's an attachment.

Also ask C to make sure that Tools | Read | Read all messages in plain text
is not checked/enabled (although it's not as safe).
cbf
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-04-23 14:20:58 UTC
Yes, that's the point. So don't send messages to any correspondent running
Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail (or Windows Mail in Vista) in anything
other than Plain Text format, especially if there's an attachment.
VanguardLH
2010-04-21 07:49:56 UTC
Post by cbf
If I send 'C' an e-mail with an attachment C does not get the attachment. If
I send 'C' e-mail with drawings in message body and colourful writing they
only receive anything written in plain text in message body.
If 'A' sends me such an e-mail and I forward it to 'C' C only receive
anything I have written in plain text.
If I forward A's e-mail back to him and send it to C from his computer no
problem.
Both A and myself are using the same version of Outlook. C has this problem
both with outlook express and windows live mail.
Any ideas,
Thanks
ps C is the only one I can't send message to.
Why are you and A composing e-mails using RTF (Rich Text Format)? The only
e-mail client that understands RTF is Outlook. It is a Microsoft
proprietary format that is supported only in Outlook. No other e-mail
client, including other Microsoft e-mail clients, support RTF. To them, all
the formatting is encapsulated within a .dat attached file. Outlook knows
how to use the .dat file to render the RTF e-mail but no other e-mail client
knows how or bothers supporting RTF.

RTF should only be used when both sender and recipient(s) all use Outlook.
They should also all be within the same Exchange organization to ensure that
the RTF e-mail doesn't get corrupted by mail servers or filters during
transmission. So unless all the recipients are within the same company and
are all using the same Exchange server and are all using Outlook, do *not*
use RTF when composing your e-mails.

Send your e-mails using either plain text or HTML format.
cbf
2010-04-28 06:56:59 UTC
What I am trying to explain is that 1 receiver of my e-mail is unable to
receive the full e-mail only if sent from my computer. If I send the mail
created in the same way from any other computer there is no problem
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-04-28 15:45:37 UTC
Re-read my first reply to your post:

<QP>
Try sending to C only using Plain Text format. OE and WLMail simply can't
deal with OL's RichText/HTML format, especially if there's an attachment.

Also ask C to make sure that Tools | Read | Read all messages in plain text
is not checked/enabled (although it's not as safe).
</QP>
Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internet.mail/msg/c457889d95e5729e