How to clear Logon user name and password in Outlook Express
Wesley
2004-08-02 02:24:21 UTC

I messed up!!
A logon window came up while looking thru tool bar. It
had my name at top with password empty and I didn't want a
password so I pushed the X to get out of it.

Now when I go into Outlook to get my Mail a window comes
up wanting a password.

I've tried making a new User Name and Password and also
tried to remove main idenity Now I get a window that
reads:
Logon-POP-SERVER
Please enter your user and password for the folling server.
SERVER: POP-SERVER.RR.COM
USER NAME: WESLEY (It has my name in field)
PASSWORD: (password field is empty)
OK or CANCEL

I press OK , It tries and then same window.

Thank You
Wesley
Michael Santovec
2004-08-03 00:18:04 UTC
That's the password for the mail server. Mail servers always have passwords. You have no
option for that. If you don't remember your password, call your ISP. Once you get that,
enter the password and check the box for OE to remember it. Then when you go to get mail,
OE will automatically supply the password to the mail server.
Hi,
Wesley
a***@gmail.com
2011-12-07 18:05:06 UTC