Time
Randy
2010-03-16 12:49:01 UTC
Why does the time applied to my email's not match my local time on the
computer?
RW
R. C. White
2010-03-16 13:38:12 UTC
Hi, Randy.

Probably because you are using the browser interface, rather than a
newsreader. The browser posts are always time-stamped with Redmond time.
(Microsoft headquarters are in Redmond, WA, near Seattle.) That is,
Pacific Standard Time or Pacific Daylight Time, depending on time of year.
PST is GMT -0800; PDT is GMT -0700. For example, your post shows this time
stamp:
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:49:01 -0700

If you are in any other time zone, it will not match your computer's time
setting.

I use Windows Live Mail, so my posts always show the same time as my wall
clocks. ;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
RW
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-03-16 16:23:37 UTC
What emails, where?
computer?
VanguardLH
2010-03-16 19:26:09 UTC
Post by Randy
Why does the time applied to my email's not match my local time on the
computer?
We are to guess as to what you use as the e-mail client? Are you using a
local e-mail client or the webmail interface to your account?