hijacked account
exclusivejules
2009-02-22 04:20:01 UTC
i know my hotmail account including contact list, etc. has been hijacked. I
would like to retrieve my inbox mail then delete account. I have tried all
the 'solution center' solutions. Where could I go to resolve this issue?
Earle Horton
2009-02-22 04:45:51 UTC
What to do if you think your account has been stolen.

http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/accounts/archive/2008/10/25/what-to-do-if-you-think-your-accounts-been-stolen.aspx

There is also a Windows Live Validation Page that we have set up to attempt
to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password Reset Basic
steps do not work.

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlidvalidation&ct=eformcs

There is a form to fill in with information that, hopefully, only you will
know.

Buena suerte,

Earle
@discussions.microsoft.com>
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2009-02-22 18:03:52 UTC
See Earle's reply.

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Account Problem Solutions
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/accounts/default.aspx

Hotmail Community Forums <=post your Hotmail questions here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
Steve
2010-03-07 07:27:01 UTC

I also have the same problem on my hotmail account.
I would like to resolve this problem also. Would be nice to have a reply
back from the help team at some point!!
All incoming emails have been diverted to the parasite who has hijacked my
account too.

Mr I have no hotmail account anymore
...winston
2010-03-07 09:03:18 UTC
The following are your only available options

1. Hotmail Support
Hotmail Online Solutions Center
- requires creation of a username/pw that will also be linked to a Live ID
- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public
- Do **Not** use the same password for the Solution Center Account that's used for your Live ID
FAQS
http://windowslivehelp.com/help.aspx
Home Page
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx
Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/
Hotmail Community Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx

2. Windows Live ID Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts
a. Scroll to and click on 'How can I reset my password' or click any item in the Faq list
b. Look in the lower right and click on the option 'Get More Help'
c. Wait till the page loads, then click on 'Get Support'
- the eform should now load
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
Hi,
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-03-07 14:02:17 UTC
What to do if you think your account has been stolen or hijacked
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/safety/archive/2009/04/29/recent-reports-of-account-hijacks.aspx

Also see this earlier reply to the thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internet.mail/msg/e84eae1453333259