Outlook 07 - Emails stay in Outbox but sends and resends over and
Joplin420x
2007-11-07 06:53:01 UTC
I've imported my MSN mail account to Outlook 2007 and when ever I try to send
an email with a large file attached (pictures or documents), the email stays
in my Outbox and sends and resends over and over again. Also, sometimes the
emails are just regular emails, without large files attached. At first I just
thought the email never sent, since I always got an error msg in the
send/rec, but my poor friends and family are getting these emails sometimes
over 80 times!! I've tried to delete my MSN mail account and then add it back
several times, but nothing helps! I've also imported my MSN account to
Outlook Express, but I really like all the extra features that Outlook 2007
has to offer and would love to be able to use it for this mail account. Does
anyone know why it keeps doing this?? Or any suggestions on how I can get it
to stop??

Thanks!!
Michael Santovec
2007-11-07 23:36:57 UTC
Use the following newsgroups for questions or problems with
Outlook97/98/2000+ You'll get better help there

You can also get to the Outlook97/98/2000+ newsgroups via this web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
There select Desktop Applications then Outlook

For help with Outlook97/98/2000+ see:
Slipstick Systems Outlook and Exchange Solutions Center
http://www.slipstick.com/index.htm
Thanks!!
kbacchus
2007-12-10 13:43:02 UTC
Post by Joplin420x
[...]
I have exactly the same issue. Noy sure if it is Visat based as have Vista
Premium which is nithing but a headache so looking to put XP on my macie see
if this improves it.
Currently need to cc myself on mails through a different account and when I
recieve the mail then delete it from outbox. Absolute joke.

have you resolved the problem and if so how????
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
2007-12-19 20:48:53 UTC
Post by kbacchus
Post by Joplin420x
[...]
Outlook like the message you quoted?
You'll get more knowledgeable help for Outlook in an Outlook newsgroup:

> [...]
On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=Outlook&dg=&cat=en_US_d02fc761-3f6b-402c-82f6-ba1a8875c1a7&lang=en&cr=&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not reply with email
alan022804ra
2007-12-19 03:31:02 UTC
Has anything been resolved yet? If so, what is the solution to this? We are
having the same issues at our office. I am not having any problems at my home
office. It used to be at my office that this would happen when we sent CADD
files (large), but now it is happening with every email from every station.
Has anyone switched back to an older version of outlook express to see if
this resolves the problem?? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Do not reply with email
Coyote
Thanks!!
Coyote
2008-01-25 22:37:04 UTC
Sorry about the blank post. At any rate, I've been having this problem as
well. Using outlook 2007, POP3 account....emails with large attachments
appear to stay in the Outbox going nowhere, when in reality they are sending
over and over again. Quite embarrassing.

After this FIRST happened, I re-created my mail account in Outlook 2007
(tools, account settings, new account). Confirmed the new mail account
worked, tested it by sending myself an email with large attachment. All
worked fine for about 30 days. Now, it has started again, so, I implemented
the same solution again and it seems to be working OK.

But, this is a temp solution at best. I am going to go ahead and send it in
as an issue to support. If you have received a better answer/solution,
please let me know. If not, perhaps this will help...temporarily.
Thanks!!
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
2008-01-25 22:50:58 UTC
Post by Coyote
Sorry about the blank post. At any rate, I've been having this problem as
well. Using outlook 2007, POP3 account....emails with large attachments
appear to stay in the Outbox going nowhere, when in reality they are sending
over and over again. Quite embarrassing.
After this FIRST happened, I re-created my mail account in Outlook 2007
(tools, account settings, new account). Confirmed the new mail account
worked, tested it by sending myself an email with large attachment. All
worked fine for about 30 days. Now, it has started again, so, I implemented
the same solution again and it seems to be working OK.
But, this is a temp solution at best. I am going to go ahead and send it in
as an issue to support. If you have received a better answer/solution,
please let me know. If not, perhaps this will help...temporarily.
Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.
Do not reply with email
Coyote
2008-01-25 23:07:01 UTC
Thanks. I did turn off outgoing email scanning. I do scan incoming...and
use Trend. This is on Outlook 2007 with Vista Home Premium. Could just that
fact that Trend is on cause this problem? Odd that recreating my mail
account fixes it for a while.
Do not reply with email
unknown
2010-02-22 21:33:48 UTC
I solved the problem with one swipe - uninstalled AVG. I have not found a working antivirus yet, but it definitely was causing the problem.

2/22/10

Coyot wrote:

Thanks. I did turn off outgoing email scanning. I do scan incoming...
25-Jan-08

Thanks. I did turn off outgoing email scanning. I do scan incoming...and
use Trend. This is on Outlook 2007 with Vista Home Premium. Could just that
fact that Trend is on cause this problem? Odd that recreating my mail
account fixes it for a while

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 07, 2007 1:53 AM
Joplin420 wrote:

[...]

On Wednesday, November 07, 2007 6:36 PM
Michael Santovec wrote:

Use the following newsgroups for questions or problems with Outlook97/98/2000+
Use the following newsgroups for questions or problems with
Outlook97/98/2000+ You'll get better help ther

You can also get to the Outlook97/98/2000+ newsgroups via this web site
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp
There select Desktop Applications then Outloo

For help with Outlook97/98/2000+ see
Slipstick Systems Outlook and Exchange Solutions Cente
http://www.slipstick.com/index.ht

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.ht

"Joplin420x" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42A8EC7A-9F1D-4896-8ADF-***@microsoft.com...

On Monday, December 10, 2007 8:43 AM
kbacchu wrote:

RE: Outlook 07 - Emails stay in Outbox but sends and resends over and
"Joplin420x" wrote

I have exactly the same issue. Noy sure if it is Visat based as have Vista
Premium which is nithing but a headache so looking to put XP on my macie see
if this improves it
Currently need to cc myself on mails through a different account and when I
recieve the mail then delete it from outbox. Absolute joke

have you resolved the problem and if so how????

On Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:31 PM
alan022804r wrote:

Has anything been resolved yet? If so, what is the solution to this?
Has anything been resolved yet? If so, what is the solution to this? We are
having the same issues at our office. I am not having any problems at my home
office. It used to be at my office that this would happen when we sent CADD
files (large), but now it is happening with every email from every station.
Has anyone switched back to an older version of outlook express to see if
this resolves the problem?? Any help would be appreciated.

On Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:48 PM

"kbacchus" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F8C0AAE-FEAE-47D6-9314-***@microsoft.com...

Outlook like the message you quoted?
You'll get more knowledgeable help for Outlook in an Outlook newsgroup:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=Outlook&dg=&cat=en_US_d02fc761-3f6b-402c-82f6-ba1a8875c1a7&lang=en&cr=&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not reply with email

On Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:49 PM

"alan022804ra" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE38BE1A-7916-4381-AEC0-***@microsoft.com...

Outlook like the message you quoted?
You'll get more knowledgeable help for Outlook in an Outlook newsgroup:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=Outlook&dg=&cat=en_US_d02fc761-3f6b-402c-82f6-ba1a8875c1a7&lang=en&cr=&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not reply with email

On Friday, January 25, 2008 5:32 PM
Coyot wrote:

RE: Outlook 07 - Emails stay in Outbox but sends and resends over and
"Joplin420x" wrote:

On Friday, January 25, 2008 5:37 PM
Coyot wrote:

Sorry about the blank post.
Sorry about the blank post. At any rate, I've been having this problem as
well. Using outlook 2007, POP3 account....emails with large attachments
appear to stay in the Outbox going nowhere, when in reality they are sending
over and over again. Quite embarrassing.

After this FIRST happened, I re-created my mail account in Outlook 2007
(tools, account settings, new account). Confirmed the new mail account
worked, tested it by sending myself an email with large attachment. All
worked fine for about 30 days. Now, it has started again, so, I implemented
the same solution again and it seems to be working OK.

But, this is a temp solution at best. I am going to go ahead and send it in
as an issue to support. If you have received a better answer/solution,
please let me know. If not, perhaps this will help...temporarily.

On Friday, January 25, 2008 5:50 PM

"Coyote" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCCA4B96-E577-4367-9576-***@microsoft.com...

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.
--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not reply with email

On Friday, January 25, 2008 6:07 PM
Coyot wrote:

Thanks. I did turn off outgoing email scanning. I do scan incoming...
Thanks. I did turn off outgoing email scanning. I do scan incoming...and
use Trend. This is on Outlook 2007 with Vista Home Premium. Could just that
fact that Trend is on cause this problem? Odd that recreating my mail
account fixes it for a while.

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

How to display a Gravatar Image with 100 Percent Client Script Code
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3c8a04cd-471e-48b7-8dcc-b0877c10ecb4/how-to-display-a-gravatar.aspx
...winston
2010-02-23 02:12:18 UTC
John,
Timely response to a 2 year old post ?
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
25-Jan-08
unknown
2010-02-22 21:34:53 UTC
I solved the problem by uninstalling AVG. I have not found an antivirus that works yet, but it definitely fixed the problem.

2/22/10

"Joplin420x" wrote:

On Friday, January 25, 2008 5:37 PM

Sorry about the blank post.

Coyot wrote:

Thanks. I did turn off outgoing email scanning. I do scan incoming...
Thanks. I did turn off outgoing email scanning. I do scan incoming...and
use Trend. This is on Outlook 2007 with Vista Home Premium. Could just that
fact that Trend is on cause this problem? Odd that recreating my mail
account fixes it for a while.

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

On Monday, February 22, 2010 4:33 PM
John wrote:

Outlook resending large attachments
I solved the problem with one swipe - uninstalled AVG. I have not found a working antivirus yet, but it definitely was causing the problem.

2/22/10

Putting Twitter Realtime Search to Work
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6100d85b-2f27-472d-af24-c9960b55b669/putting-twitter-realtime.aspx