still can't sign in
lorindaj
2010-03-16 04:31:01 UTC
About 6-7 hours ago I received the following message when I tried to sign
into my msn email account:
"We're doing some maintenance to improve the service. We apologize for
getting in your way. Please try again in a few minutes. If it's been more
than an hour, tell us you're still waiting."
I've tried everything listed on the support page (trying to sign in from
different PCs, my phone, deleting history, cookies, etc) but still can't sign
in. My husband, however, can sign in just fine.

I posed the problem on a hotmail forum but haven't heard a thing. Is there
something I can do from my PC or is there some other problem?
...winston
2010-03-16 06:24:58 UTC
Same here on one single msn.com account of 3(about 11pm on Mar 15)
Nothing changed on this end.
The msn account in question originates from the mid 1990's.
History tells me to do nothing..imo, at this stage you should too...I.e. Wait.
--
...winston
MS-MVP[Mail]
N. Miller
2010-03-16 18:00:36 UTC
Post by lorindaj
About 6-7 hours ago I received the following message when I tried to sign
"We're doing some maintenance to improve the service. We apologize for
getting in your way. Please try again in a few minutes. If it's been more
than an hour, tell us you're still waiting."
I've tried everything listed on the support page (trying to sign in from
different PCs, my phone, deleting history, cookies, etc) but still can't sign
in. My husband, however, can sign in just fine.
I posed the problem on a hotmail forum but haven't heard a thing. Is there
something I can do from my PC or is there some other problem?
My experience with Hotmail accounts is that when things stop working, wait.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
...winston
2010-03-16 21:25:50 UTC
Ditto...
The msn account I noted in a prior thread was working fine about an hour later and without fail since.
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail