Microsoft should terminate spammers who use Custom Domains to rece
Cameron
2010-03-01 16:27:01 UTC
I've been getting spam for months from spammers using qatar.io and
admin.in.th mailboxes
to *RECEIVE* messages that result from their spam runs.
When I report those accounts to ***@live.com,
with complete unedited headers and body, I get a message back
saying "Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you because the account for
which you have sent a complaint
is not an Windows Live hosted account." Which is wrong, those ARE hosted by
Microsoft.
The mail exchangers for those domains are
723327919.pamx1.hotmail.com and 100774653.pamx1.hotmail.com.
There seems to be no way to communicate with a human being at Microsoft
regarding this bug in its
abuse desk setup.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=b6d85d80-aba6-4ffa-9a12-2fa24adf3851&dg=microsoft.public.internet.mail
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-03-01 17:26:21 UTC
Hotmail Online Solutions Center replaced all newsgroup & email format
support on 11 Dec-08
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post all Hotmail-specific questions & comments
here!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx